Better know who your lessee is, and have an air-tight contract (and be prepared to pay litigation costs to enforce it), otherwise risk losing your domain name --
Europol Seizes 690 Domains In Cyber Monday Crackdown: "Cyber Monday sellers pushing counterfeit goods taken offline by Europol and international partners . . . Europol, along with othr law enforcement agencies round the world, has shut down 690 domains allegedly being used by crooks to sell counterfeit goods. The Transatlantic 3 operation, also known as Project Cyber Monday IV, has seen 297 domain name seizures in the US, with another 393 in Belgium, Denmark, France, Hungary, Romania, Spain and the United Kingdom. A similar Europol project last year saw 132 domains seized..."
Of course there are many other risks involved when you lease or allow others to use your domain name. Consult a qualified attorney before you enter into an agreement.
Seguir a @DomainMondo
Domain Mondo posts:
- ► 2017 (305)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- Buy a new gTLD domain name? Most are saying "No"
- Search and the new gTLDs domain names
- Dot Com Domain Names, Better than Gold?
- Mike Mann Prediction on new gTLDs, ICANN, Huckster...
- ICANN's new gTLDS attract little interest from hig...
- NSA, ICANN, Internet Governance, Connect the Dots
- Inept ICANN, Glossary Terms and Acronyms Now Onlin...
- Left of the Dot, Right of the Dot, A Name is a Nam...
- Matt Cutts says Google will NOT favor new gTLDs
- New Top Level Domains, No Bargains
- Finding a Good Domain Name Registrar
- London top level domain name, April Launch
- What’s In a Domain Name? You Better Find Out BEFOR...
- EU Pushes to Globalize Internet Governance, Goodby...
- Court Says gTLDs Are Not Domain Names for Cybersqu...
- 21-Year-Old Model, Online Entrepreneur (video)
- TrakBill changes name, rebrands to TrackBill.com
- New gTLDs, Domain Names, and Gold -- What You Can ...
- Domain Sherpa interview of the Domain King is a "...
- Domain Name, Shorter is Better
- Domain Seizure, Just One Problem With Leasing Your...
- New gTLDs, prepare for coming criminal abuse and s...
- ▼ February (22)