1) Priyanka Chopra: Technology Gives Us Freedom
Priyanka Chopra may be known for acting, but now she's investing in tech companies. In an interview with CNN, Chopra tells Laurie Segall why she's investing in Bumble (bumble.com). CNN.com businesss video above published Nov 5, 2018.
2) Fintech: The Business Case For Financial Inclusion
1.7 billion adults across the globe do not have a bank account. The data revolution and innovations in digital finance have the potential to provide access to financial services for everyone and offer huge growth opportunities.Video above published Nov 2, 2018, by FT.com.
The Week: NASDAQ Composite -2.15% | S&P 500 Index -1.61% | DJIA -2.22%
S&P chart pattern points to breakout ahead, technician says--cnbc.comWall Street's Charging Bull
Why Tech Investors Love the SaaS Model— Visual Capitalist (@VisualCap) November 16, 2018
(See full infographic: https://t.co/DMBqUs5AQ6) pic.twitter.com/J0qXnqF5ie
iShares Automation & Robot ETF is now listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. This #ETF tracks our iSTOXX FactSet Automation & Robotics index, which is composed of companies related to automation and robotics around the globe. https://t.co/2EqrzzWOPG #investing— FactSet (@FactSet) November 15, 2018
4) ICYMI Tech News:
- Meltdown at Facebook $FB? More than 50 interviews conducted by the New York Times reveal Facebook's failures in dealing with multiple crises, which Zuckerberg and Sandberg initially tried to obscure. "Delay, Deny and Deflect: How Facebook’s Leaders Fought Through Crisis"--NYTimes.com. Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg replied. See also Facebook Board and this on "Facebook Fights Dirty."
- SAP $SAP acquiring Qualtrics (qualtrics.com) for $8B before IPO--bizjournals.com. Did SAP pay too much? SAP says no.
- Alibaba $BABA sets new Singles’ Day record with $31B in sales, but growth is slowing--techcrunch.com.
- FCC approves expansion of satellite-based internet services: Telesat, Kepler Communications Inc and LeoSat MA, Inc. approved for high-speed internet service and connectivity for sensors and other intelligence devices a/k/a IoT (Internet of Things). SpaceX approved for access to additional frequency and to operate some satellites at low-Earth altitudes--FCC Boosts Satellite Broadband Connectivity And Competition In The United States | fcc.gov (pdf).
- Personal tech: Cloudflare's 220.127.116.11 DNS resolver app--cloudflare.com.
-- John Poole, Editor, Domain Mondo
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo