2019-05-10

2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season Forecasts & Updates

2019 Hurricane Season LIVE
Prepare, Be Vigilant, Take Action, Seek Shelter, Recover
Tropical Atlantic wide view: 

GOES-East - Tropical Atlantic wide views (each link below opens in new window):
Southeast US radar:



Two-Day Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook
Five-Day Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook

Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale graphic
Five-day Atlantic Hurricane forecasts in 2017 were as accurate as two-day forecasts in 1998 due to more powerful supercomputers.
NOAA's 2019 Hurricane Outlook for Atlantic and Pacific (.jpg)
NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is predicting a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season in 2019. This outlook forecasts a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal season. The hurricane season is officially June 1 to November 30. For 2019, NOAA predicts a likely range of 9 to 15 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 4 to 8 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 2 to 4 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence. An average hurricane season produces 12 named storms, of which 6 become hurricanes, including 3 major hurricanes. See also Colorado State University's 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season Forecast (pdf), and other 2019 hurricane season forecasts.

See also Hurricane Strikes in Continental U.S. 1950-2011 (png) and graphic of FL data 1900-2010.
Links:


feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo


DISCLAIMER

Domain Mondo archive