|Facebook $FB Shares UP 29% past 12 months|
LIVE Webcast of the Conference Call: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 5:00 pm EDT.
Following the call, a replay will be available at the investor relations website* (see below). A telephonic replay will be available for one week following the conference call at 404.537.3406 or 855.859.2056, Conference ID: 41929608 (source: Facebook press release).
UPDATE 27 Jul 2016: Q2 2016 EPS of $0.97 beats consensus estimate by $0.15. Revenue of $6.44B (+59.4% Y/Y) beats consensus estimate by $420M. Shares are UP in after-hours trading.
Press Release (pdf). Facebook (FB) Mark Elliot Zuckerberg on Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | SeekingAlpha.com.
Second Quarter 2016 Operational Highlights
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.13 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 1.03 billion on average for June 2016, an increase of 22% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.71 billion as of June 30, 2016, an increase of 15% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.57 billion as of June 30, 2016, an increase of 20% year-over-year.
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 84% of advertising revenue for the second quarter of 2016, up from approximately 76% of advertising revenue in the second quarter of 2015.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the second quarter of 2016 were $995 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $23.29 billion at the end of the second quarter of 2016.
Principal domain: facebook.com
Investor relations: investor.fb.com*
- PrivateCore: privatecore.com
- WhatsApp Inc.: whatsapp.com
- Oculus VR: oculus.com
- Instagram: instagram.com