Alphabet $GOOG $GOOGL Q2 2016 Earnings Call, July 28, 2016, 4:30 p.m. EDT:
Above video: Alphabet 2016 Q2 Earnings Call - Starts: July 28, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. EDT - Alphabet (Google) has a slowing search business, losses from its “moonshot investments” are detrimental to shareholder value, and troubles in Europe could be a long-lasting problem.
|Alphabet $GOOG UP 18% Y/Y|
Principal domain: google.com
Investor Relations: abc.xyz/investor - Alphabet Inc., quarterly conference call to discuss second quarter 2016 financial results, Thursday, July 28th at 4:30 p.m. EDT (1:30 p.m. Pacific Time). The LIVE webcast of the earnings conference call can be accessed here. A replay of the webcast will be available through the same link following the conference call. Visit the Investor Relations website at abc.xyz/investor on July 28, 2016 to view the earnings release prior to the conference call. Twitter feed $GOOG OR $GOOGL.
UPDATE: Earnings Press Release - Alphabet Q2 2016 EPS of $8.42 beat consensus estimate by $0.38. Revenue of $21.5B (+21.3% Y/Y) beats by $740M. Shares UP after-hours. Alphabet (GOOG) Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | SeekingAlpha.com
|Amazon $AMZN UP 40% Y/Y|
Principal domain: amazon.com
Investor Relations: Amazon.com Investor Relations: IR Home - Q2 2016 Amazon.com Inc Earnings Conference Call / LIVE Webcast 07/28/16 at 5:30 p.m. EDT. Twitter feed $AMZN
UPDATE: Amazon Q2 2016 EPS of $1.78 beats consensus estimate by $0.67. Revenue of $30.4B (+31.1% Y/Y) beats by $850M. Press release. Shares UP after-hours. Amazon.com (AMZN) Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | SeekingAlpha.com
|Neustar $NSR DOWN 13% Y/Y|
Principal domain: neustar.biz
Investor Relations: http://www.neustar.biz/about-us/investor-relations - Q2 2016 Neustar, Inc. Earnings Conference Call and Webcast, Thursday, July 28, 2016, 4:30 pm EDT. Twitter feed $NSR
UPDATE: NeuStar Q2 2016 EPS of $1.26 beats consensus estimates by $0.05.Revenue of $298.56M (+16.3% Y/Y) beats by $1.19M. Earnings release. The company also reported that loss of NPAC contracts would likely now occur in 2018. Neustar's (NSR) CEO Lisa Hook on Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | SeekingAlpha.com
|Verisign $VRSN UP 20% Y/Y|
Principal domain: verisign.com
Investor Relations: https://investor.verisign.com - VeriSign, Inc. earnings call for the second quarter 2016 will take place on Thursday, July 28, 2016, at 4:30 p.m. EDT. The earnings news release will be distributed to the wire services at approximately 4:05 p.m. (EDT) that day and will also be available directly from the company’s website at https://investor.verisign.com. Verisign will host a live teleconference call on July 28, 2016, at 4:30 p.m. (EDT), which will be accessible by direct dial at (888) 676-VRSN (U.S.) or (913) 312-1444 (international), conference ID: Verisign. A listen-only live webcast of the earnings conference call will also be available at https://investor.verisign.com. An audio archive of the call will be available at https://investor.verisign.com/events.cfm. Twitter feed: $VRSN
UPDATE: Verisign Q2 EPS of $0.87 beats consensus estimates by $0.01. Revenue of $286.47M (+9.1% Y/Y) beats by $2.27M. Shares UP after-hours. VeriSign's (VRSN) CEO Jim Bidzos on Q2 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | SeekingAlpha.com.
• Verisign ended the second quarter with cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities of $1.9 billion, a decrease of $8 million from year-end 2015.
• Cash flow from operations was $161 million for the second quarter of 2016, compared with $175 million for the same quarter in 2015.
• Deferred revenues on June 30, 2016, totaled $988 million, an increase of $26 million from year-end 2015.
• During the second quarter, Verisign repurchased 1.7 million shares of its common stock for $150 million. At June 30, 2016, $766 million remained available and authorized under the current share repurchase program which has noexpiration.
• For purposes of calculating diluted EPS, the second quarter diluted share count included 21.9 million shares related to subordinated convertible debentures, compared with 17.0 million shares for the same quarter in 2015. These represent diluted shares and not shares that have been issued.
• Verisign Registry Services added 0.78 million net new names during the second quarter, ending with 143.2 million
.com and .net domain names in the domain name base, which represents a 7.3 percent increase over the base at the end of the second quarter in 2015.
• In the second quarter, Verisign processed 8.6 million new domain name registrations for .com and .net, as compared to 8.7 million for the same quarter in 2015.
• The final .com and .net renewal rate for the first quarter of 2016 was 74.4 percent compared with 73.4 percent for the same quarter in 2015. Renewal rates are not fully measurable until 45 days after the end of the quarter.
• Verisign announces an increase in the annual fee for a .net domain name registration from $7.46 to $8.20, effective Feb. 1, 2017, per its agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo