The Internet has become an integrated part of our lives, from accessing an education, to receiving healthcare services and to conducting business. As we move forward, our dependence on the Internet and technologies will grow even further. To address this concern, more than 3,000 representatives from governments, the private sector, technical community and the civil society will gather in Paris on 12-14 November 2018 at the annual global Internet Governance Forum (IGF) to look at a range of issues and actions that can be taken to ensure an “Internet of Trust.” UN DESA video above published Oct 31, 2018.
UPDATE: IGF 2018 Chair’s Summary (pdf) and dig.watch final report (pdf).
IGF 2018 - Day 1 - Salle VI
Internet Governance Forum (IGF) "Salle VI" video (via YouTube.com channel), Nov 12, 2018--the ICANN Open Forum begins at 1:57:38.
IGF 2018 | Internet Governance Forum 2018, Paris, France, 12-14 Nov 2018
Official website - schedule: https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/igf-2018-schedule/
Highlighted sessions below - all times local Paris time:
- OF #24 ICANN Open Forum Monday Nov12 10:40 to 11:40 (streaming LIVE on YouTube embed above: 4:40am-5:40am EST in the U.S.)
- WS #40 Internet Mega-Trends' Impact on the Internet’s Architecture Monday Nov12 11:50 to 13:20 (YouTube streaming same as above).
- Cybersecurity, Trust, & Privacy Tuesday Nov13 10:00 to 11:20
- OF #32 The Right to Privacy in the Digital Age Wednesday Nov14 09:00 to 10:00
- Open Mic/Taking Stock Wednesday Nov14 15:00 to 17:00
IGF 2018 Speech by French President Emmanuel Macron
IGF 2018 Address to the Internet Governance Forum by UN SG António Guterres
Geneva Internet Platform - Digital Watch Updates from IGF2018
IGF2018 | InternetSociety.org