As a venture capitalist and entrepreneur, Peter Thiel has been involved in some of the most dynamic companies to emerge from Silicon Valley over the past two decades. In 1998, Thiel made e-commerce easier, faster, and more secure by co-founding PayPal, defining a new era of fast and secure online commerce. He was the first outside investor and director at Facebook, and also launched Palantir Technologies, where he serves as chairman of the board of directors. Peter established and funds the Thiel Foundation, which promotes freedom in all its forms while working to advance technological progress and long-term thinking about the future. Video published July 21, 2016.
Transcript of Peter Thiel speech, 2016RNC:
See also: Ivanka Trump | Full Speech (YouTube video) | 2016 Republican National Convention
LIVE from Cleveland, Ohio, 2016 Republican National Convention (official live stream):
Above: LIVE Stream (courtesy RNC and Google/YouTube) of the final night, Thursday, July 21, of the Republican National Convention 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio. Scheduled speakers include Silicon Valley tech entrepreneur and venture capitalist Peter Thiel (paypal.com, facebook.com, clarium.com, ycombinator.com, palantir.com, and many more), Ivanka Trump (entrepreneur and daughter of Donald Trump), and the Republican nominee for President of the United States, Donald J. Trump.
It's the story grabbing all the business and tech media headlines, no not Trump, but Peter Thiel speaking at the Republican National Convention Thursday night:
- Peter Thiel To Focus On Endorsing Donald Trump In Convention Speech | BuzzFeed.com: "Silicon Valley entrepreneur and venture capitalist Peter Thiel will back Trump’s positions on the economy over Hillary Clinton’s ... Silicon Valley luminary Peter Thiel, a Facebook board member and prolific investor, will speak on stage Thursday night at the Republican National Convention ... BuzzFeed News has learned that Thiel will use the opportunity to talk to both the country and Silicon Valley about his support of Donald Trump. The speech will cover why Donald Trump is better for America over Hillary Clinton because of Trump’s anti-war stance and Trump’s economic credentials. Thiel is also expected to say that he’s proud to be gay ..."
- The Strange Politics of Peter Thiel, Trump’s Most Unlikely Supporter | Bloomberg.com: "The Republican Party’s new trade-loving, free-thinking, gay, Christian, antiwar, rich-as-hell, naturalized-citizen [from Germany], Silicon Valley hero."
- Peter Thiel’s Embrace of Trump Has Silicon Valley Squirming | NYTimes.com: "Venture capitalists have a special term for investment opportunities that offer the potential for a big return but also carry a great deal of risk: high beta. For Silicon Valley’s political aspirations, Mr. Thiel’s speech is the ultimate high-beta performance."
- Forget Trump: Peter Thiel Is So Dangerous and Fascinating You Have to Watch Him Tonight | TheIntercept.com
This is definitely not your parents' Republican Party--the Bush family and Ted Cruz are out--Paul Manafort (Trump campaign manager) has a grip on the Convention floor and RNC machinery so sure that he allowed Cruz to speak at the Convention Wednesday night knowing Cruz would not endorse Trump. See Donald Trump Jr.: We don't need Ted Cruz's endorsement | CNN.com.
What is emerging as the new Republican Party is definitely a new and different amalgamation of outsiders + Republican Party insiders:
- Outsiders: Donald J. Trump & family (Ivanka, Eric, Don Jr., Jared Kushner), millions of disaffected middle class and working class voters, Veterans for Trump, Bikers for Trump, Dr. Ben Carson, Peter Thiel, and more;
- Republican Party insiders: Governor Mike Pence, Senator Jeff Sessions, Governor Chris Christie, Governor Scott Walker, influential conservative commentator Laura Ingraham, Sheldon Adelson, and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, to name just a few.
And it all happens LIVE Thursday night at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. Watch the video above as it happens--Primetime Program begins 7:30 P.M. EDT (schedule subject to change):
- Brock Mealer, Motivational Speaker
- U.S Representative Marsha Blackburn (TN-7)
- Governor Mary Fallin, Governor of Oklahoma
- Dr. Lisa Shin, National Diversity Coalition for Trump
- Reince Priebus, RNC Chairman
- Jerry Falwell, Jr., President of Liberty University and evangelical leader
- Peter Thiel, Venture Capitalist
- Tom Barrack, CEO of Colony Capital
- Ivanka Trump, daughter of Donald Trump and EVP at the Trump Organization
- Donald J. Trump, Republican Nominee for President of the United States
Oh, and by the way, remember all those pre-convention stories in mainstream media about all the protests and violence that would happen this week in Cleveland? Mainstream media was WRONG, again: RNC Protests Rage, but Anti-Trump Organizers Ask: Where Is Everyone? | USnews.com: "Low turnout and very few arrests come as a surprise."
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo