Financial Times (ft.com) video above published May 15, 2018, about the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Are Privacy Notices Filling Your Inbox? Here's Why
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes enforceable May 25, 2018-- so what is it, and does it have a chance of inspiring similar data privacy legislature in the United States? Bloomberg QuickTake takes a look at the GDPR in the video above (Bloomberg.com video above published May 9, 2018). See edps.europa.eu and on twitter: @Buttarelli_G and @EU_EDPS.
- Most firms see GDPR as an opportunity | ComputerWeekly.com May 16, 2018: "A growing number of organisations consider the GDPR to be an opportunity to improve the way they handle data privacy and security, while leaders are using it as an opportunity for full business transformation, a study shows ... Nearly 60% of organisations view the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) positively, rather than as a compliance problem, a survey has revealed."
- GDPR: A boon for privacy or choking regulation? Businesses weigh in | ZDNet.com May 16, 2018: "IBM says that while many firms view GDPR as a catalyst for new business models, few will be ready in time."
- GDPR: 70 percent of businesses dumping data, says IBM | InternetofBusiness.com: "Seventy percent of organisations are actively disposing of data in advance of GDPR, according to a new survey by IBM. Their aim is to reduce possible exposure to legal action ahead of the 25 May deadline for implementing the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation ..."
- GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) | IBM.com: "IBM has created a 'GDPR framework' with five phases to help achieve readiness: Assess, Design, Transform, Operate, and Conform. The goal of the framework is to help clients manage security and privacy effectively in order for them to reduce risks and therefore incidents."
- IBM Executives Press U.S. Lawmakers Not to Adopt EU Privacy Law | Bloomberg.com May 14, 2018: "Company leaders in DC to lobby against GDPR-style law for U.S."
EDPB is ready to operate from 25 May. Not successor of art 29 WP; we will turn a new page. Not any longer just a consultative body, says @Buttarelli_G #ASSODPO18. #GDPR #EUdataP #privacy— Laura Linkomies (@LauraLinkomies) May 8, 2018
Don't want companies to carry on using your data for marketing purposes? In 18 days, you'll be able to ask for them to stop it. #GDPR #EUDataProtection https://t.co/0CqwnXW7Zo pic.twitter.com/zonk705C0w— EU Justice (@EU_Justice) May 7, 2018
Seven steps for businesses to get ready for the #GDPR: step 6. make sure your sub-contractor respects the rules. https://t.co/2ivdQ0AJeB pic.twitter.com/D13xLuyxCA— EU Justice (@EU_Justice) May 6, 2018
If I put your photo online without asking you, it wouldn't just be creepy. It would also be a violation of your right to protect your personal data. The #GDPR will help make sure you know exactly who's doing what with your information. #EUDataProtection https://t.co/W0ySDkKHfa pic.twitter.com/bN3AXK8AEf— EU Justice (@EU_Justice) May 10, 2018