First question #NETmundial2014 better ask: Who controls the Internet? Answer: Corporations through ICANN --
Lawfare › Who Controls the Internet Address Book? ICANN, NTIA and IANA: "When ICANN recently opened up new gTLDs it reaped a huge profit. If you accept the maxim that “he who has the gold makes the rules” the transition to ICANN control may actually be about a transition to corporate control through ICANN." (read more at the link above)
Seguir a @DomainMondo
Domain Mondo posts:
- ► 2017 (303)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- ICANN, New gTLD Domain Name Renewal Fees, Price Go...
- NETmundial 2014, ICANN Party Time!
- ICANN's new gTLD domain names: Innovation OR Hokum...
- Turkey, an ICANN hub, may leave the internet
- Useless Domain Names, Hostile Domain Names
- ICANN is FUBAR
- Dot guru, new gTLD, ICANN hokum
- ICANN, new gTLDs, Huge Profits, Corporations
- Google, SEO, links, site penalty
- Internet Freedom Repressed in Turkey, ICANN Hub
- ICANN Website Security Certificate Expired!
- ICANN, IANA, Fadi’s railroad just got derailed
- ICANN, failure to be responsive, how an organizati...
- ICANN Multistakeholder Governance Model Flawed
- What happens when ICANN is taken over by multi-sta...
- Wine, Vin, New gTLDs, more ICANN dysfunction, chao...
- IANA transition, ICANN is the problem NOT the US g...
- ICANN #FAIL, New domain names, trademark problems
- With US protection, ICANN has had irresponsible, u...
- Domain Names: Brandable or Keywords?
- ▼ April (20)