From the Internet Society:
IANA Transition | Internet Society: The US Government has announced its intent to transition its role and responsibilites with regard IANA functions to support and enhance the multistakeholder model of Internet governance. The multistakeholder model has been key to the success of the Internet. The Internet Society is pleased support and participate in a process that strengthens the distributed, bottom-up governance approach that is a foundation of the open, global Internet.
WEBINAR: IANA Stewardship Transition Process Update
Key participants in the process to develop a proposal for transitioning to the global multistakeholder community stewardship of the IANA functions for Internet domain names, numbers, and protocol parameters will provide an update on the process and progress so far during a webinar open to veryone.
Date/Time: Wednesday 4 March, at 14:00 UTC time conversion (9am EST US)
Webinar participants include:
- Alissa Cooper, Chair, IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group
- Demi Getschko and Narelle Clark, Internet Society appointees to IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group
- Eliot Lear, Member, Internet Architecture Board and author of the Internet Engineering Task Force IANAPLAN document
- Nurani Nimpuno, Member, Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) Team
- Matthew Shears, Participant, ICANN Cross Community Working Group
- Theresa Swinehart, ICANN
The webinar will be moderated by Internet Society Policy Advisor Konstantinos Komaitis. The Internet Society is organizing this webinar as part of its efforts to provide information for, and to facilitate discussions among, the broader Internet community about the IANA Stewardship Transition process.
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device via:
Join from a dial-in phone: +1 (415) 762-9988 or +1 (646) 568-7788
Webinar ID: 181 452 151
Additional dial-in numbers available:
Zoom 3.0 or higher is required to join the webinar. You can download it from https://isoc.zoom.us/download, Apple App Store or Google Play.