Video above published Jan 11, 2017: Dan Gainor of the Media Research Center (mrc.org) discusses with Trish Regan of FOX Business Network (FBN) (foxbusiness.com), President-elect Donald Trump slamming media outlets BuzzFeed (buzzfeed.com) and CNN (cnn.com) over ‘fake news’ at his news conference on January 11, 2017.
"Not even the CIA says the claims in this document are true" - @ggreenwald is scathing about the publication of the #Trump memos #Newsnight pic.twitter.com/yfsAd0t9UH— BBC Newsnight (@BBCNewsnight) January 11, 2017
Buzzfeed's editor says that publishing Trump dodgy dossier is "how we see the job of reporters in 2017" pic.twitter.com/5Tc3FTYcUr— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) January 11, 2017
Market reaction was generally positive to Trump's news conference, with major U.S. benchmark stock market indexes all moving up:
|DJIA closed up on Jan 11, 2017 (source: google.com)|
- Democratic Hysteria on Russia | counterpunch.org: "It felt like I had stumbled into some weird kind of time warp yesterday morning as I was making coffee and listening to NPR’s “Morning Edition.” There was Cokie Roberts being interviewed about the current mass media obsession — the alleged hacking of the Democratic National Committee server by Russia, and President-elect Donald Trump’s refusal to accept the evidence-free claims of the Democratic political appointees heading the nation’s intel agencies that the the hack “definitely” happened ..."
- Donald Trump gets zero honeymoon with the press, media attack now underway | WashingtonTimes.com: It’s all chaos, mayhem and fraught with peril: That is the media narrative leading up to President-elect Donald Trump’s press conference on Wednesday. This is not the case, of course ... The latest round of “fake news” possibilities has also surfaced following the publication Tuesday of unverified claims about Mr. Trump in BuzzFeed, which were immediately discounted by the incoming president and his staff. Ironically, the report drew some sympathy for Mr. Trump from other journalists, including David Corn, Washington bureau chief for Mother Jones. “Even Donald Trump deserves journalistic fairness,” he tweeted Tuesday evening.
- Why Crowdstrike's Russian Hacking Story Fell Apart 2 The DNI Report Faked Sources | WashingtonsBlog.com: "The only thread that holds the DNI report together at first glance is the false testimony and fake evidence Crowdstrike and Dmitri Alperovitch provided to the FBI and other agencies involved. When you look at the evidence presented and the sources it becomes evident that the Russian hack story doesn’t stand up against Crowdstrike’s own facts. By examining facts, timelines, and sources needed for the DNI report, the only conclusion is the DNI report is strictly political. Because of this Craig Murray- Julian Assange’s story showing the emails were leaked is the only version of the story that stands ... "
- McCain Gave FBI Dossier on Trump; Trump Feuds With CNN, Calls BuzzFeed “Failing Pile of Garbage” | MishTalk.com: "Gone is the day when media posts verified stories. Today is the day media runs rampant with tabloid articles loaded up with unverified allegations, known errors, and purposeful smear campaigns that are obvious. At least BuzzFeed admitted its sloppiness upfront. That’s a clear step above the Washington Post."
- Kremlin says it has no compromising dossier on Trump | Reuters.com
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo