How to use Google Pay to pay with your phone in stores. You can use it anywhere contactless payments are accepted. If you run into any issues, check out the help section in the app or visit the Google Pay Help Center. Google Pay merged two formerly separate apps, Android Pay and Google Wallet.
Google Pay (also stylized G Pay) is a digital wallet platform and online payment system developed by Google to power in-app, tap-to-pay purchases on mobile devices, and more. See What is Google Pay? excerpt:
- Make purchases in stores using your phone (See country and device availability).
- Buy items in apps and on websites (See country availability).
- Fill in forms automatically on Chrome (Learn more).
- Buy Google products.
- Send money to friends and family (US/UK only).
- You can also use your gift cards, loyalty cards, tickets, and coupons with Google Pay when you shop at your favorite stores
How to use Google Pay | Pixel
Google Help video above published Oct 18, 2018: This video shown how to set up Google Pay on a Pixel smartphone. For more info go to the Pixel Help Center.
See also: Barclays to merge BPay, Pingit Products as banks fend off Apple Pay and Amazon Pay--bloomberg.com, and An inside look at the future of payments | CNBC Reports.