1) What Tax Reform Means for Big Tech
Bloomberg.com video above published Dec 4, 2017: The U.S. Senate has passed its version of the tax bill and we are now waiting for a final version to be worked out between the House and Senate. Just how will tax reform impact big technology corporations like Apple, Facebook, Google and Amazon?
See also: Israel may adjust corporate tax after U.S. slash - finance minister | reuters.com.
2) FCC scheduled to kill net neutrality in U.S. this coming week. Watch the LIVE webcast December 14 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm EST. See also:
- How Changes to Net Neutrality Laws Could Affect Small Businesses | entrepreneur.com: "A new administration and a new FCC chairman could roll back recent laws that make sure the internet is a level playing field."
- F.C.C. Plan to Roll Back Net Neutrality Worries Small Businesses | NYTimes.com
- Trump Jobs Numbers Out: Unemployment at 17 year Low, 2.2 Million New Jobs Since Election, More Americans Working than Ever! | thegatewaypundit.com: Hispanic unemployment rate dropped to 4.7%, the LOWEST rate of unemployment for Hispanics in the history of the United States.
- November nonfarm payrolls rise 228,000 vs. 200,000 est. | cnbc.com: "Investors still expect the Fed to hike interest rates at its meeting next week."
Investing Notes: Silicon Valley Reckoning?
Why the future might not be bright for the founders of AirBnB, Pinterest and Dropbox: “What investors don’t like is to feel that a bunch of [expletive] young people are running around treating them like an ATM machine.” https://t.co/mzzTGsc2C3— Hannah Kuchler (@hannahkuchler) December 4, 2017
4) ICYMI Tech News:
- Connected cars: What happens to your data after you leave your rental car behind? | ZDNet.com: "Personal information stored on infotainment systems of hire cars can linger long after the rental is over. So who is responsible for making sure it is wiped?"
- WeWork: London's Soon-To-Be Biggest Property Renter Makes Massive Bet On Office Market Despite Brexit | ZeroHedge.com
- Australia to probe Facebook, Google over media disruption | reuters.com: whether U.S. online giants Facebook and Alphabet Inc’s Google had disrupted the news media to the detriment of publishers and consumers.
- Here are the ways Google and Amazon are fighting | MarketWatch.com
- Elon Musk talks up Tesla's upcoming artificial intelligence hardware | cnbc.com: "The remarks from Musk come almost two years after Tesla hired chip architect Jim Keller. Tesla's current Autopilot autonomous driving hardware uses Nvidia graphics cards."
- Spotify and Tencent agree to swap stakes in their music businesses | TechCrunch.com
- Apple is about to get a lot more of your money | MarketWatch.com: services such as Apple Pay, Apple Care, Apple Music and iCloud.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review: Chinese all-screen phone is an affordable iPhone X alternative Review | ZDNet.com
- Chromebooks in 2018: Ready for take-off? | ZDNet.com: "assessing just how many Chromebooks have been sold is not made easy by the leading analyst firms."
-- John Poole, Editor, Domain Mondo
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo