1) Blockchain Unbound, San Juan, Puerto Rico (video)
Miko Matsumura, Evercoin | Blockchain Unbound 2018
Miko Matsumura, Founder Evercoin (domain: evercoin.com); Venture Partner BitBull Capital (domain: bitbullcapital.com), interviewed by John Furrier at Blockchain Unbound 2018 (domain: blockchainunbound.com) in San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 14-16. SiliconANGLE.com video published Mar 15, 2018.
Fred Krueger, WorkCoin | Blockchain Unbound 2018
SiliconANGLE.com video published Mar 15, 2018: Fred Krueger, Founder & CEO, WorkCoin, interviewed by John Furrier at Blockchain Unbound 2018.
- Restart Week: Blockchain Community Converges on Puerto Rico for Learning and Service |.blockchainbeach.com
2) Google Bans Crypto Ads, Bitcoin Prices Slammed
CNBC.com’s Seema Mody reports on the drop of many cryptocurrencies and highlights from a cryptocurrency investor conference, Blockchain Unbound, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, March 15, 2018. See Financial Services: New restricted financial products policy (June 2018) | google.com: "Cryptocurrencies and related content."
Note also: IMF head Christine Lagarde shares a plan to regulate cryptocurrencies through "Know Your Customer" requirements that combine biometrics and machine learning--Addressing the Dark Side of the Crypto World | IMF.org.
S&P 500 closed up Friday--U.S. February industrial production jumped 1.1 percent, the largest increase in four months--Ignore the Noise, this bull market is showing a lot resilience in the face of so much DC drama accentuated by a click-hungry mainstream media circus:
|S&P 500: UP almost 3% in 2018 (as of market close March 16. 2018)|
Sam Stovall, chief investment strategist of CFRA (domain: cfraresearch.com), revealed this week "the investment research firm just voted to lift its 12-month target for the S&P 500 to 3,000, from 2,800."--MarketWatch.com March 15, 2018.
"[T]he biggest surprise - for the second month in a row - was the surge in US stock purchases by public and private foreign entities, which in January amounted to a whopping $34.5 billion (of which official entities bought $952MM while private entities bought $33.5BN), the second highest monthly total on record, and smaller only compared to the record foreign buying in May 2007, when offshore entities bought a record $42 billion"-- ZeroHedge.com March 15, 2018.Wall Street's Charging Bull
- (Mis)leading Indicators | ForeignAffairs.com--Why Our Economic Numbers Distort Reality--"If trade numbers more accurately accounted for how products are made, it is possible that the United States would not have any trade deficit at all with China." See also Forget "Free Trade"--It's All About Capital Flows | blogspot.com.
- China Investment Corp (CIC): China sovereign fund exits Blackstone investment after 11 years | Reuters.com
- Global Debt: The $233 Trillion Dollar Dark Cloud Of Global Debt | ZeroHedge.com: "Immediate consumption with the promise of repayment sometime in the future has consequences."--most at risk: China, Belgium, South Korea, Australia, and Canada. See also: Despite Years of ECB’s QE (Ending Soon), Italy’s “Doom Loop” Still Threatens Eurozone Financial System | WolfStreet.com.
- ECB: Still ‘excessively’ accommodative, strategist warns | CNBC.com See also Toxic Debt Still Plagues Spanish Banks (and Taxpayers Will End Up Paying for It)--WolfStreet.com.
- EU: Merkel, Macron delay plan to present euro zone reforms: Spiegel | Reuters.com: “There’s simply nothing that could be announced.” See also Eurozone beyond euphoria: "This ‘grand reform’ reaffirms the status quo. The widening gap within the Eurozone is the shaky foundation of this new architecture. For the moment the loud cheers overshadow concerns: however, this is a pyrrhic victory."--openDemocracy.net.
- Peter Thiel’s Money Talks, in Contentious Ways. But What Does He Say? | NYTimes.com: "The news last month that Mr. Thiel is moving from San Francisco to Los Angeles reflects a shift that is as much mental as literal. Getting out of the tech bubble, he figures, will give him more clarity about his investments. “Network effects are very positive things, but there’s a tipping point where they fall over into the madness of crowds,” he said."
- Illinois' Regressive Pension-Funding Scheme Exposed | ZeroHedge.com: "It’s this kind of arrangement, where one unit of government doles out the benefits while another one pays for them, which makes Illinois so dysfunctional."
- Hedge Funds That Use AI Just Had Their Worst Month Ever | Bloomberg.com.
- Broadcom Post-Qualcomm: some analysts say San Jose-based Xilinx Inc (XLNX.O) and Israel’s Mellanox Technologies Ltd (MLNX.O) may be Broadcom's next takeover targets.
- Facebook Sees 24% Drop In Average Time Spent On Site | ZeroHedge.com: "the problem only seems to be getting worse."
- Should Facebook, Google and Twitter Be Public Utilities? | blogspot.com
- Motorola lays off up to half of Chicago engineering team, says Moto Z line will 'continue' | androidpolice.com--Editor's note: saw this coming when Google sold off Moto to Lenovo.
- AI: Here's An Easy Way To Play Artificial Intelligence - Global X Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Thematic ETF (NASDAQ:BOTZ) | SeekingAlpha.com
- US Court rules data breach victims can sue Yahoo: 3 billion users--US District Judge Lucy Koh rejected Verizon's motion to dismiss many of the claims filed against Yahoo, which is now owned by Verizon.
- Donald Trump was the toast of Nordic boardrooms on Tuesday morning, after he blocked Broadcom Ltd.'s proposed acquisition of Qualcomm Inc. Telecom equipment giants Nokia Oyj and Ericsson AB depend on Qualcomm for crucial chipsets used in their networks--Bloomberg.com.
-- John Poole, Editor, Domain Mondo
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo