1) 5G Roll Out: What's Coming In 2019
5G Will Be Ultrafast, but the Roll Out May Not Be. WSJ.com video above first published Nov 14, 2018. See also:
- The Truth About 5G: What's Coming (and What's Not) in 2019 | tomsguide.com: Qualcomm says 20 operators around the world will roll out 5G in 2019, including all 4 major US carriers.
- Wi-Fi Alliance’s Wi-Fi EasyMesh certification aims to standardize mesh networks | PCWorld.com May 14, 2018.
2) Office 3.0 -- As Robots Take Over
As robots take over mechanical tasks, is going in to the office simply a way to interact with others? This is the belief that has shaped Office 3.0, an office design philosophy which runs through the headquarters of The Agnelli Foundation in Turin. FT.com Content Solutions video above first published Jun 6, 2018.
The Week (Friday close to Friday close) ending January 4, 2019:
JOBS UP BIG! +312,000 RECORD NUMBER WORKING -- MANUFACTURING BEST IN 20 YEARS -- HISPANIC UNEMPLOYMENT LOWEST EVER -- DOW +750
"One fact that no one is talking about, the S&P is up 60+% in the last 30 months. Markets don’t go up forever, they do have corrections."--seekingalpha.comLong View:
- The Best And Worst Performing Hedge Funds Of 2018--zerohedge.com.
- Better Days Ahead For Tech--the downturn has created an opportunity for investors with a long-term view--seekingalpha.com.
- US equities are still very tech-centric, subjecting the S&P 500 to both valuation contraction and regulatory uncertainty. Just five tech companies--Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet/Google, Amazon, and Facebook--represent 14.6% of the S&P 500, more than all Financials (13.2%) and close to all Health Care (15.4%).--datatrekresearch.com.
- Is Apple $AAPL A Buy?--seekingalpha.com. Apple lost $11 billion buying back its own stock in 2018--zerohedge.com. Apple has lost $452 billion in market capitalization since Oct. 3.
- China’s Startup Bubble Runs Aground: Bike-share companies, among the hottest startups, are wiping out investors--WolfStreet.com.
- Euroone: at 20, euro is currency giant on fragile footing--France24.com.
- 2019: The year after peak global growth--dw.com.
4) ICYMI Tech News:
- Apple failed to warn about China and market saturation, the underlying conditions for its guidance downgrade, which were obvious to those paying attention--bloomberg.com. See also the January 2, 2019 Letter from Tim Cook to Apple investors.
- India: New Regulations a Massive Blow For Amazon--Amazon will be disadvantaged versus Flipkart-(Walmart)--seekingalpha.com. But Amazon is opening tiny stores, adding local language descriptors, and accepting cash payments to target the 800M people living outside India's big cities--wsj.com.
- Amazon is planning to build and expand Whole Foods stores across the U.S. to put more customers within range of its Prime Now two-hour delivery service--wsj.com.
- Tesla names Oracle's Larry Ellison to the Board of Directors. Ellison owns nearly $1 billion of $TSLA stock.--reuters.com.
- Tencent Can Leverage WeChat In Auto Sector--seekingalpha.com.
- "Everything Is Fake"--Ex-Reddit CEO Confirms Internet Traffic Metrics Are Bullshit--zerohedge.com.
- YouTube says over 200M people view gaming content each day globally, and 50B+ hours of gaming videos were viewed in the past year--venturebeat.com.
-- John Poole, Editor, Domain Mondo
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo