source: Google - Viewability Insights for Digital Marketers and Publishers" study, November 2014
- Over half of online ad impressions are not visible.
- 56.1% of all display ad impressions never appear on a screen.
- A small number of publishers are serving most of the non-viewable impressions.
- The average publisher viewability rate was 50.2%.
- The most viewable ads are vertical ones--the most viewable ad units are vertical ones (users scroll vertically down web pages).
- Ads that were 160×600 pixels and 120×600 pixels are viewable around 53% of the time.
- Ads 300×250 are viewable just 41% of the time, on average.