GoDaddy IPO is like ICANN and its new gTLDs program (pdf), putting lipstick on a pig:IPO Preview: GoDaddy (GDDY) | Seeking Alpha: "Per share dilution -$48.54 vs. IPO mid-range of $18 (private equity sucked out as much cash as possible). Price-to-tangible book -.6, one of the lowest we've seen (low is worse)." (emphasis added)
Domain Mondo finds it ironic that GoDaddy decided to launch its IPO on April Fools' Day--today, April 1, 2015. In any event the private equity owners must be satisfied with the results thus far, raising $460 million in the IPO, and initial trading indicating a $4 billion valuation.
GoDaddy: Unexciting IPO With Looming Opportunity - GoDaddy (Pending:GDDY) | Seeking Alpha: "The IPO is clearly an opportunity for the private equity owners to exit and take a payday while IPO appetites and market valuations are high. The current IPO is structured to create limited dilution for existing owners. The result will be a large payday."
Recent Seeking Alpha articles and other info on GDDY--GoDaddy IPO April 1, 2015:
- GoDaddy $20 IPO Price And DCF Analysis (Yawn?) by Apus Investments
- IPO Preview: GoDaddy by IPOdesktop
- GoDaddy: Unexciting IPO With Looming Opportunity by APBK Capital
- Week Ahead: Is GoDaddy The Master Of Its Domains? Up To 4 IPOs This Week by Renaissance Capital IPO Research
- StockTalk on GDDY: GDDY StockTalk | Twitter GDDY | Twitter $GDDY | GDDY Instablogs