Venture Capital in China: Bloomberg West (July 27, 2015): Guests: GGV Capital's Jeff Richards, Softbank Capital's Josh Guttman, China Market Research's Shaun Rein, General Catalyst Partners' Prateek Alsi.
UPDATE July 30, 2015: Baidu, Inc., the Chinese language Internet search provider, announced that its board of directors has authorized a share repurchase program under which the Company may repurchase up to US$1 billion of its shares over the next 12 months. (source: Baidu press release). The buyback announcement follows weak earnings reported Monday, and subsequent drop in stock price. The shares NASDAQ:BIDU closed up today following the buyback announcement: $174.47 UP $4.46 (2.62%).
Referenced Domain Names:
- Baidu.com - Chinese Search Engine and Web Services Company NASDAQ:BIDU
- ggvc.com - GGV Capital: Venture Capital Across the US and China
- softbank.com - SoftBank Capital: Investments that connect people, devices & the world
- cmrconsulting.com.cn - China Market Research Group
- gsrventures.cn - GSR Capital / GSR Ventures
- generalcatalyst.com - General Catalyst Partners