- SEC Filing: Form 8-K (July 17, 2015) "... Under the spin-off plan announced on January 27, 2015, Yahoo plans to distribute all of the outstanding shares of Aabaco Holdings pro rata to its shareholders. Immediately after the spin-off, Aabaco Holdings will own approximately 384 million shares of Alibaba Group, representing an ownership interest of approximately 15% in Alibaba Group, and a 100% ownership interest in a newly formed entity which will own Yahoo Small Business..."
- Form N-2: Preliminary Information Statement dated July 17, 2015
- SEC Filing: Form 8-K (July 21, 2015)
Yahoo Q2 2015 Earnings webcast above (replay).
Principal domain name: yahoo.com
Stock Exchange: Symbol - NASDAQ: YHOO
Second Quarter 2015
Read the Earnings Release (July 21, 2015)
Earnings Slides (pdf)
|Screenshot from the YAHOO! Inc. Q2 2015 earnings press release|
"I'm extremely pleased with our achievements in Q2, with revenue growing 15% year-over-year, marking our most substantial GAAP revenue growth in almost 9 years," said Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo. "Our Mavens investment businesses across mobile, video, native and social grew to nearly $400 million in revenue this quarter, delivering 60% GAAP growth year-over-year. Further, our display business saw the most substantial revenue growth since 2010. Yahoo's transformation continues to make great progress."
- Over the past year, Yahoo's search presence has steadily grown through innovation and partnerships with industry leaders. In Q2, Yahoo introduced a new mobile search experience in the U.S. that connects users immediately to the people, places and things they care about by using context and location cues to deliver the most relevant search results.
- In Q2, Yahoo delivered several new features in Mail including Yahoo Mail on Firefox Share which allows users to instantly share web pages when using Firefox; integration of Twitter and LinkedIn information in Contacts; and the addition of breaking news notifications to the Mail news feed tab.
- In July, the Company launched Daily Fantasy, now available in the Yahoo Fantasy app, giving users the chance to win money every day with new fantasy lineups.
- Yahoo announced a partnership with the NFL to live stream an International Series Game between the Buffalo Bills and the Jacksonville Jaguars from London this fall.
- Yahoo launched new daily live finance, news and entertainment programming including Ultimate DJ, a global Electronic Music competition-style live series that is executive produced by Simon Cowell. The Company also announced 14 new shows across Yahoo's digital magazine channels including Riding Shotgun with Michelle Rodriguez.
- In Q2, Live Nation and Yahoo continued their partnership by kicking off a music festival live stream series to bring artists' performances from this year's most anticipated music festivals to our global audience.
- Yahoo announced the availability of independent viewability and fraud measurement for display and video advertising across the Company's programmatic buying platform, including Yahoo Properties. Advertisers can now choose from leading accredited, third-party measurement solutions to independently validate for viewability and fraud across display and video at every stage of the campaign lifecycle.
- Yahoo introduced new powerful formats to help advertisers reach their audiences: native video and video app-install ads. With native video ads, brand content can be as compelling as video while beautifully integrated into other experiences on Yahoo's homepage, digital magazines and apps. For marketers and developers looking to drive installs, the Company now offers a format that combines the engagement of video and the performance of install ads.