The maritime industry is at increasing risk of cyber security breaches every day but conventional antivirus cover is no longer enough to protect vessels again new forms of malware which use the network to attack your systems. Inmarsat’s Fleet Secure Endpoint has an advanced ransomware detection engine to continually inspect, detect, alert and respond to threats and is remotely monitored 24/7/365. Video above published Jan, 2019.
UK’s Inmarsat Satellite Group Going Private in $3.4 Billion Deal--bloomberg.com: Inmarsat has been in play since last year as it faces growing competition from traditional rivals such as ViaSat Inc. and new challengers including Richard Branson-backed OneWeb and Elon Musk’s SpaceX offering smaller, cheaper satellites.Inmarsat received an all-cash offer from a private equity consortium for a total consideration of $3.4B. The deal is not expected to close before Q4 2019--until then, any other party can submit an offer. Strong Q4 2018 results for maritime and aviation broadband indicates bright prospects.--SeekingAlpha.com: Inmarsat: Latest Offer Undervalues The Company.
- Domain: inmarsat.com
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Investor Relations: investors.inmarsat.com
- CEO: Rupert Pearce (Jan 1, 2012–)
- Revenue: 1.465 billion USD (2018)
- Number of employees: 1,500 (2019)
- Founded: 1979
- Subsidiaries include Stratos Global Corporation, Inmarsat Global Limited.
- Stock Exchange & Symbol: LON: ISAT