The ICANN Board of Directors and the CCWG-Accountability will be having a face-to-face meeting in Los Angeles, September 25-26, 2015.
Steve Crocker, ICANN Board Chairman, wrote a posting on the ICANN website, with an update about the Board's response to the CCWG's 2nd Draft Proposal:
ICANN Board Submits Final Comments to CCWG-Accountability Public Comment -Sept 11, 2015- Steve Crocker, ICANN Board Chairman: "... after weeks of extensive dialogue with the community, the ICANN Board has submitted its final input to the CCWG-Accountability 2nd Draft Proposal Public Comment forum. The Board is proceeding in accordance with the principles we outlined in our 2014 resolution addressing what the Board would do in the event it disagreed with a CCWG recommendation.
"The elements of the Board submission are:
- A brief summary of its public comment input
- A comments matrix of forty-seven CCWG-Accountability proposal elements and their assessment by the ICANN Board
- A short memo describing a proposed approach for community enforceability for consideration
- A twenty-question FAQ of the proposed approach for community enforceability
"As we have stated previously, the Board supports the improvements to ICANN's accountability contained in the CCWG-Accountability's 2nd Draft Proposal. We endorse the goal of enforcability of these accountability mechanisms, and we believe that it is possible to implement the key elements of the proposal. We want to work together to achieve the elements of the proposal within the community's timeline while meeting the NTIA requirements.
"We have heard some concerns from the community regarding the Board's intent in presenting new ideas for the CCWG's consideration. The contributions by the Board are not meant to be a "counter proposal," but rather as suggestions for consideration to build upon the CCWG's impressive work. We encourage the community to read not only ours, but all comments submitted to the public comment forum... we hope to continue this dialogue in Los Angeles later this month at the CCWG-Accountability face-to-face meeting [Sept 25-26, 2015].
- Summary of Board Input.pdf
- Comments Matrix and Notes on Proposed Elements.pdf
- Memo on Proposed Approach for Community Enforceability.pdf
- Frequently Asked Question Regarding Approach for Community Enforceability.pdf