Deepak Mathivanan - Deutsche Bank: "... So have you thought about maybe investing in certain capital and maybe acquiring some of these desperate one or two gTLD holders [new gTLD registry operators] which are out there? It seems like the market is pretty fragmented. Do you think you can go on a consolidation play here to acquire a few more [new] gTLDs?"
Taryn Naidu - Rightside Chief Executive Officer: "Yes, I think our focus right now is on going through the remaining 15 applications that we have but, yes, I think there is always going to be opportunities for us to look at increasing distribution or adding TLDs to the portfolio. But once you get through that it’s about how do we get into better growth mode of the gTLDs that we have and really again coming back to a lot of the success that we've seen on the retail side. The more and more we can share that information with the channel partners. The more and more we are going to see the trajectory of the gTLD program change."
Source: Rightside's (NAME) CEO Taryn Naidu on Q3 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha (emphasis added)
|Above: Rightside (NASDAQ: NAME) Stock Chart (source: google.com, 6 Nov 2015)|
Rightside 3rd Quarter Earnings Conference Call
A conference call and audio webcast with investors and analysts: November 9, 2015, at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time (1:30 p.m. Pacific Time):
Live conference call: (844) 413-1777 (domestic) or (716) 247-5761 (international)
Conference call replay available through November 14, 2015: (855) 859-2056 (domestic) or (404) 537-3406 (international)
Conference ID: 55557673
Live and archived webcast: Listen to webcast
Rightside's (NAME) CEO Taryn Naidu on Q3 2015 Results - Earnings Call Transcript | Seeking Alpha
Investors Relations: http://investors.rightside.co
UPDATE: Q3 2015 financial results - Rightside suffers a net LOSS in 3rd Quarter of 2015 of ($3,404,000) as compared to Net PROFIT in the same period a year ago of $4,097,000. Net LOSS for the nine months ending September 30, 2015: $ (7,201,000):
|Q3 2015 Results reported by Rightside (NASDAQ: NAME)|
(Unless otherwise noted, all comparisons are relative to the fiscal third quarter 2014.)
- Registrar services revenue increased 7% to $44.0 million compared to $40.9 million.
- Registry services revenue increased to $2.4 million compared to $562 thousand.
- Aftermarket and other revenue was $8.5 million compared to $7.4 million.
- Total revenue increased 11% to a record $54.1 million compared to $48.8 million.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $0.9 million, compared to Adjusted EBITDA of ($0.6 million).
- Gain on other assets, net was $1.7 million representing the gain on withdrawals of its interest in gTLD applications during the period compared to $8.6 million.
- Rightside has signed registry operator agreements with ICANN for 39 gTLDs to date. Rightside also has an interest in 15 additional gTLD applications that have yet to be awarded to their ultimate registry operator.
- Rightside announced the availability of the .NEWS domain extension in July 2015. .NEWS is Rightside's fastest growing gTLD with over 35,000 registration since launch and already ranks as the 4th most registered web address in its portfolio.
- As of September 30, 2015, year to date Registry services revenue totaled $5.9 million and 36 of Rightside's owned and operated gTLDs were in general availability. In October 2015, Rightside launched two additional gTLDs (.LIVE and .STUDIO) into general availability.
- To date, Rightside's 38 owned and operated gTLDs in general availability have generated over 375,000 registrations.
- Rightside's retail registrar, Name.com, grew revenue 23% year over year with over half of that growth driven by higher margin new gTLDs.
- With over 16 million total domains under management as of September 30, 2015, including over 2.8 million domain names registered through its retail outlets, Rightside remains one of the world's largest registrars.