Video above published Aug 14, 2017: Alibaba and Tencent can count themselves among the world’s costliest technology companies after a stellar run. To justify those lofty valuations, China’s two largest corporations have to deliver on some of the riskiest bets they’ve placed in years. Bloomberg's Selina Wang has more on "Bloomberg Technology."
Stock exchange: symbol | NYSE: BABA
Alibaba Group release of unaudited financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2017: before U.S. market open on Thursday, August 17, 2017.
Conference call to discuss the financial results at 7:30 a.m. EDT (U.S. Eastern Time) (7:30 p.m. Hong Kong Time) August 17:
LIVE Webcast Replay of the earnings conference call. The replay of the conference call will also be available for one week via dial-in number: +61 2 8199 0299; conference ID: 61383477. Press Release (pdf) excerpt below, and Presentation (pdf) embed below:
|Excerpt from Alibaba Group Press Release|
- Investor Relations: http://www.alibabagroup.com/en/ir/home
- Earnings Releases: http://www.alibabagroup.com/en/ir/earnings.
- JD.Com: Margins Scream 'BABA' (NASDAQ:JD) | SeekingAlpha.com: "... JD investors may be wise to follow Warren Buffett, who sold his Walmart (WMT) shares citing a "tough, tough competitive force" that the rest of us simply calls Amazon (AMZN). The Amazon of China is, of course, BABA ..."
- Tencent Dominates in China. The Next Challenge Is Rest of the World | Bloomberg.com: "The WeChat app has almost a billion users, and many of them use it all day." And Tencent to boost AI after profit jumps on mobile games, WeChat | Reuters.com.
About the Alibaba Group (source: Alibaba Group)
"Alibaba Group’s mission is to make it easy to do business anywhere. The company aims to build the future infrastructure of commerce. It envisions that its customers will meet, work and live at Alibaba, and that it will be a company that lasts at least 102 years."Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a Chinese e-commerce company that provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services via web portals.
- Founded: April 4, 1999, Hangzhou, China
- Principal shareholder: Jack Ma (7.8%)
- CEO: Daniel Zhang (May 10, 2015–)
- Subsidiaries: Alibaba.com, Ant Financial, AutoNavi, Alibaba Cloud, MORE
- Founders: Jack Ma, Peng Lei
- Alibaba is the world's sixth-largest internet company by revenue according to wikipedia.org. Other Chinese companies in the top ten: JD.com (3), Tencent (5), and Baidu (8).
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo