The story of Yelp and why the company lost its 5-star rating. When Yelp went public in 2012, the popularity of the review site was quickly growing and its stock soared. But it’s been a rocky road since then as advertisers fled the platform and as competition has increased from Google, Facebook and others. CNBC.com video above published Mar 28, 2019.
- Yelp Inc.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
- Domain: yelp.com
- Founded: July 2004, San Francisco, CA
- CEO: Jeremy Stoppelman
- Revenue: 943 million USD (2018)
- Number of employees: 4,350
- CFO: Lanny Baker
- Founders: Russel Simmons, Jeremy Stoppelman
- NYSE: YELP (IPO 2012) MarketCap: ~$2.83B (March 29, 2019)
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo