I came across the following Canadian article (at link below, excerpt follows), some wise advice for brand owners and domain name owners --
Holy .cow!! - Ottawa Business Journal - blogarticle: " . . .The deluge of new Top Level Domains (TLDs) has begun! Top level domains are the ones after the dot...After years of debate, discussion and compromise between different players in the internet space (governments; business; technical; non-commercial; registrars; registries; IP), the Board of Directors of ICANN reached a decision to open up the “root”... to an unlimited number of new TLDs including International Domain Names (IDNs) in languages that are NOT written in western (Latin) alphabets...What does it mean? Why should you care?... monitoring the cyber marketplace against “cyber-criminals” will become more challenging than ever. There are strategies you should be considering such as ... Developing a cost effective internet trade-mark/domain name strategy designed for YOUR company. In many cases this will require little effort and little or no cost. However, for those companies with international presence through sales or otherwise, some serious thought and some action may be very prudent...." (read full article at link above)
What's your strategy?
Mine? Purely defensive.
Seguir a @DomainMondo
Domain Mondo posts:
- ► 2018 (241)
- ► 2017 (375)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- Naming Your Startup, Do Not Cut Corners
- Why the new gTLDs are mostly a #FAIIL
- The Internet, The World, Social, Digital, Mobile
- ICANN, new gTLDs, internet access, developing coun...
- Mail Online to move to dot com domain name
- ICANN, unlimited gTLDs, the Deluge, Your Domain Na...
- ICANN, serving the public interest? That's a good ...
- WordPress founder Matt Mullenweg on new gTLDs
- New gTLDs are being called Vanity URLs, LOL!
- China.com, among highest domain name sales, relaun...
- Facebook Passed on gTLD Dot Facebook, but Defends ...
- Let's Get One Thing Straight, ICANN Doesn't Care A...
- #NamesCon, What You Need to Know as a Domain Inves...
- Problems with Trademark Registration
- New TLDs, Whimpers, Losers
- ICANN, Greedsters, new gTLDs, and the BIG LIE
- Dumb and Dumber, Recode dot Net?
- New gTLDs, are you going with the flow, compoundin...
- ▼ January (18)