Lots of noise, spin, misinformation and ignorance being spouted by the new gTLD hucksters and their sycophants -- here's an example (at the previous link) cited by Matt Cutts of Google, that he corrected on a posting on Google+:
Matt Cutts - Google+ - I read a post by someone offering new top-level domain…: "I read a post by someone offering new top-level domain (TLDs). They made this claim: "Will a new TLD web address automatically be favoured by Google over a .com equivalent? Quite simply, yes it will."
Cutts: "Sorry, but that's just not true, and as an engineer in the search quality team at Google, I feel the need to debunk this misconception. Google has a lot of experience in returning relevant web pages, regardless of the top-level domain (TLD). Google will attempt to rank new TLDs appropriately, but I don't expect a new TLD to get any kind of initial preference over .com, and I wouldn't bet on that happening in the long-term either. If you want to register an entirely new TLD for other reasons, that's your choice, but you shouldn't register a TLD in the mistaken belief that you'll get some sort of boost in search engine rankings."
Thanks Matt. Some of these new gTLD hucksters and sycophants are worse than crooked Used Car Salesmen! Caveat Emptor!
Seguir a @DomainMondo
Domain Mondo archive
- ► 2019 (185)
- ► 2018 (376)
- ► 2017 (375)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- Buy a new gTLD domain name? Most are saying "No"
- Search and the new gTLDs domain names
- Dot Com Domain Names, Better than Gold?
- Mike Mann Prediction on new gTLDs, ICANN, Hucksters
- ICANN's new gTLDS attract little interest from hig...
- NSA, ICANN, Internet Governance, Connect the Dots
- Inept ICANN, Glossary Terms and Acronyms Now Online?
- Left of the Dot, Right of the Dot, A Name is a Nam...
- Matt Cutts says Google will NOT favor new gTLDs
- New Top Level Domains, No Bargains
- Finding a Good Domain Name Registrar
- London top level domain name, April Launch
- What’s In a Domain Name? You Better Find Out BEFOR...
- EU Pushes to Globalize Internet Governance, Goodby...
- Court Says gTLDs Are Not Domain Names for Cybersqu...
- 21-Year-Old Model, Online Entrepreneur (video)
- TrakBill changes name, rebrands to TrackBill.com
- New gTLDs, Domain Names, and Gold -- What You Can ...
- Domain Sherpa interview of the Domain King is a "...
- Domain Name, Shorter is Better
- Domain Seizure, Just One Problem With Leasing Your...
- New gTLDs, prepare for coming criminal abuse and s...
- ▼ February (22)