Video above starts at 27:20, and ends at 32:53. Hearing: Department of Commerce Budget - The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice and Science holds a hearing to review the FY 2017 budget request for the U.S. Department of Commerce. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker testifies. (Streamed live Feb 23, 2016) (EventID=104476).
Chairman John Culberson: "You recognize we've prohibited any effort to move to such a [IANA stewardship] transition?"
Secretary Pritzker: "I understand the language which has been put in appropriations, and so what we are going to do is receive a plan and then we will talk to you about it."
It is now expected that the ICANN Board of Directors will deliver, in March, 2016, to NTIA, the IANA Stewardship Transition Plan developed in response to the NTIA, March, 2014, announcement.
For background and further information see on Domain Mondo:
- IANA Stewardship Transition, New ICANN CCWG Accountability Timeline
- US Senators Cruz, Lankford & Lee Demand Answers From ICANN CEO
- US Congressman Tells ICANN CEO To 'Abandon' IANA Transition
- After Wuzhen, Should ICANN President & CEO Fadi Chehade Be Fired?
- How ICANN and ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé Evade Accountability