|IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal Process|
The CCWG-Accountability Work Stream 1 (WS1) Final Report was sent to the Chartering Organizations for consideration and approval on February 23, 3016. It is anticipated that by March 9th, at the latest, the Chartering Organizations will approve the Final Report, so on March 10th, the ICANN Board of Directors may approve and send to NTIA (US governement) the complete IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal, which includes WS1 of the Cross-Community Working Group to Enhance ICANN Accountability (CCWG-Accountability).
Below is the proposed agenda prepared for the CCWG-Accountability Face to Face (F2F) Meeting in Marrakech on Friday, 4 March 2016 from 08:00 – 17:00 UTC. Also below is the Reading List for the meeting.
Remote Participation: (silent observers permitted)
Adobe Connect Online: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/rak55-cristal/
UPDATE: Link to CCWG-Accoutability Wiki page: CCWG ACCT F2F Meeting #86 (4 March @ 08:00 UTC) - Enhancing ICANN Accountability (transcript, documents, etc.)
Meeting Link: CCWG-Accountability Face-to-Face Meeting | ICANN Public Meetings
The reading list:
• Charter -- https://community.icann.org/x/KYMHAw
• Full Final Proposal -- https://community.icann.org/x/8w2AAw
• IANA Stewardship Transition costs -- https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/iana-stewardship-project-costs
Proposed Agenda - all times are UTC:
Current date/time UTC:
08:00 - 08:30 – Welcome:
• Roll call and SOI updates;
• Opening remarks and housekeeping;
• Define meeting goals, outcomes.
08:30 -09:30 – WS1 recommendation: preparing engagement session and update on consideration by SO/ACs
09:30 -10:30 – Planning for WS1 implementation
• Overall approach with legal counsel, implementation oversight team, and other subgroups
• Call for volunteers
10:30-10:45 – Coffee break
10:45-12:00 – WS2 Kick-off
• Discussion on general approach
• Plenary approval on scope, requirements, recommendations for public comments
• Call for volunteers to Chartering Organizations
12:00-13:00 Lunch break
13:00-15:00 – Exchange of views regarding WS2 items scopes
• Staff overview presentation
• SO/AC Accountability
• Staff Accountability
• Human Rights Framework
• Ombudsman 15:00-15:30 – Coffee break
15:30-16:30 – Resources and facilitation for WS2
• Meeting and travel support requests
• External legal counsel
16:30-17:00 – AOB and Closing Remarks
Note: ICANN55 Marrakech is March 5-10, 2016.
See DomainMondo.com: One 'Must Read' For Those Attending ICANN55, Marrakech, March 5-10
See also on Domain Mondo:
- Total ICANN Tab for IANA Stewardship Transition? US$31+ Million!
- News Review: ICANN Accountability ...
- GAC Members Minority Statement on ICANN Accountability WS1 Proposal (post includes all 5 minority reports)
- IANA Stewardship Transition, New ICANN CCWG Accountability Timeline.