1) Activate's Top Tech and Media Predictions for 2018
Activate CEO on Activate's Top Tech and Media Predictions for 2018
Bloomberg.com video above published Oct 18, 2017: Michael Wolf, Activate.com's CEO, discusses his firm's top tech and media predictions for 2018 with Bloomberg's Emily Chang on "Bloomberg Technology."
Bloomberg.com video above published Oct 18, 2017: Relativity Space (relativityspace.com) and its two founders, Tim and Jordan, have a plan to make rockets faster and cheaper than anyone else. To do this, they're looking to build every part of a rocket--its engine, its fuel tanks and its body--with giant 3D printers. In this Hello World short, Bloomberg Businessweek's Ashlee Vance goes to check out Relativity Space. (Video by Brian Schildhorn, David Nicholson.)
b. Q3 2017 Earnings Webcasts Thursday, Oct 26: Twitter, Inc. $TWTR, Alphabet Inc. $GOOGL $GOOG, Amazon.com Inc. $AMZN, Verisign, Inc. $VRSN.
c. Beware Cryptocurrency Speculation:
"For a while, Bernie Madoff’s investors felt great about their impressive “returns.” For a while, investors in dot-com stocks felt the same. For a while, investors in mortgage bonds felt the same. But when investors focus on returns rather than the very long-term structure, stability, and even existence of the underlying cash flows, terrible things can happen. All that’s required to get the snowball rolling is the creeping recognition that there’s no “there” there ..."--ZeroHedge.com
4) ICYMI Tech News:
- How Google’s Quantum Computer Could Change the World | WSJ.com: "The ultra-powerful machine has the potential to disrupt everything from science and medicine to national security—assuming it works ..."
- Google Has Made a Mess of Robotics | bloombeg.com: "Its scattered, ambiguous, frequently abandoned objectives for its string of big acquisitions have hurt the whole field."
- DigitalTrends.com: Qualcomm executive confident the first 5G phones will be in US, Japan and South Korea, in 2019.
- We're Going to Need More Lithium | bloomberg.com: "There’s plenty in the ground to meet the needs of an electric car future, but not enough mines."
- T-Mobile, Sprint plan merger without selling assets | Reuters.com
- Wi-Fi WPA2 exploit KRACK--Vulnerability Note VU#228519--kb.cert.org
- Google's new “advanced protection” for Google accounts of high-risk users requires hardware key with every login--Google's 'Advanced Protection' Locks Down Accounts Like Never Before | WIRED.com.
- Amazon: “With Amazon, we need more transparency and need to look at longer term factors when it comes to competition,” Amy Klobuchar, a Democratic Senator from Minnesota said in a recent interview. “The people at the Justice Department in antitrust need to look at deals in other ways.”--NYTimes.com
- U.S. buyers favor iPhone 7 over 8--Reuters.com
- Digital Data & Privacy: U.S. Supreme Court to decide whether law enforcement in a criminal investigation can demand data held overseas by Microsoft Corp. and other technology providers, a high-stakes clash over digital privacy.--Bloomberg.com
-- John Poole, Editor, Domain Mondo
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo