ICANN's imprudent and massive proliferation and flooding of the domain name market is the cyber criminal's and cyber abuser's dream come true. ICANN has now enabled criminal cybergangs to launch multiple sites with hundreds of different extensions, all engaged in criminal activity and other wrongful activity.
"Cybercriminal abuse cases increase every year. In fact, Google discovered that an average of 9,500 new malicious websites were registered daily in 2012 alone. These sites were either innocent websites that were compromised by malicious authors or built with the specific intention of distributing malware or phishing. This affects trademark holders whose reputations are at stake." - See more at: http://www.websitemagazine.com/content/blogs/posts/pages/new-tlds-how-to-protect-yourself-against-online-vulnerabilities.aspx#sthash.ZAF6LyuE.dpuf
If there were 9,500 cases in 2012 alone, when only 22 gTLDs existed, what do you think is going to happen once all of the new gTLDs launch? If you do not have a domain strategy in place to deal with the chaos and criminality unleashed by ICANN upon the internet--it is time to develop a strategy to deal with the coming criminal and abusive activity.
Seguir a @DomainMondo
New gTLDs, prepare for coming criminal abuse and scams
Domain Mondo archive
- ► 2019 (185)
- ► 2018 (376)
- ► 2017 (375)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- Buy a new gTLD domain name? Most are saying "No"
- Search and the new gTLDs domain names
- Dot Com Domain Names, Better than Gold?
- Mike Mann Prediction on new gTLDs, ICANN, Hucksters
- ICANN's new gTLDS attract little interest from hig...
- NSA, ICANN, Internet Governance, Connect the Dots
- Inept ICANN, Glossary Terms and Acronyms Now Online?
- Left of the Dot, Right of the Dot, A Name is a Nam...
- Matt Cutts says Google will NOT favor new gTLDs
- New Top Level Domains, No Bargains
- Finding a Good Domain Name Registrar
- London top level domain name, April Launch
- What’s In a Domain Name? You Better Find Out BEFOR...
- EU Pushes to Globalize Internet Governance, Goodby...
- Court Says gTLDs Are Not Domain Names for Cybersqu...
- 21-Year-Old Model, Online Entrepreneur (video)
- TrakBill changes name, rebrands to TrackBill.com
- New gTLDs, Domain Names, and Gold -- What You Can ...
- Domain Sherpa interview of the Domain King is a "...
- Domain Name, Shorter is Better
- Domain Seizure, Just One Problem With Leasing Your...
- New gTLDs, prepare for coming criminal abuse and s...
- ▼ February (22)