|NVIDIA stock chart NASDAQ:NVDA (source: google.com 08062015)|
Financial Results* released 6 Aug 2015: Second Quarter 2016 Financial Results
- Second quarter revenue increased 5 percent year over year to $1.15 billion. Growth was driven by GeForce® GTX™ GPUs for gaming.
- Revenue in the GPU business grew 9 percent from the second quarter of the prior year. Revenue from GeForce GPUs for gaming grew 51 percent, fueled by continued strength in PC gaming. Growth was particularly strong for our highend GeForce GTX GPUs which grew significantly from year-ago levels. Revenue from Tesla GPUs for accelerated computing decreased, reflecting variability in project purchasing. Revenue from Quadro® GPUs, which deliver industry leading graphics and rendering performance, declined due to weakness in the overall workstation market. PC OEM GPUs declined year-over-year, reflecting the decline in overall consumer PCs.
- Tegra® Processor revenue decreased 19 percent from a year ago, pressured by Tegra OEM smartphones and tablets, partially offset by growth in automotive infotainment systems, development services and SHIELD™ devices.
- Total revenue grew slightly sequentially, paced by the GPU business amid record GeForce GTX sales, partially offset by lower Enterprise and HPC/Cloud sales. Tegra Processor sales decreased due to the timing of inventory pulls for automotive infotainment systems and completion of development services.
- License revenue from our patent license agreement with Intel remained flat at $66 million.
*Investors and others should note that NVIDIA announces material financial information to investors using its investor relations website, press releases, SEC filings and public conference calls and webcasts. Nvidia: "We intend to use our @NVIDIA (https://twitter.com/NVIDIA) Twitter account, NVIDIA Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/NVIDIA) page, NVIDIA LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/nvidia?trk=hb_tab_compy_id_3608) page and company blog (http://blogs.nvidia.com/) as a means of disclosing information about our company, our services and other matters and for complying with our disclosure obligations under Regulation FD. The information we post through these social media channels may be deemed material. Accordingly, investors should monitor these accounts and the blog, in addition to following our press releases, SEC filings and public conference calls and webcasts. This list may be updated from time to time."
Stock exchange Stock symbol: NASDAQ:NVDA
Domain name: nvidia.com Nvidia Investor Relations: investor.nvidia.com
SEC filings: http://investor.nvidia.com/sec.cfm
Nvidia Corporation is an American worldwide technology company based in Santa Clara, California. Nvidia manufactures graphics processing units (GPUs), as well as system on a chip units (SOCs) for the mobile computing market. Nvidia's primary GPU product line, labeled "GeForce", is in direct competition with Advanced Micro Devices' (AMD) "Radeon" products. Nvidia also joined the gaming industry with its handheld Shield Portable and Shield Tablet, as well as the tablet market with the Tegra Note 7. In addition to GPU manufacturing, Nvidia provides parallel processing capabilities to researchers and scientists that allow them to efficiently run high-performance applications. They are deployed in supercomputing sites around the world. More recently, Nvidia has moved into the mobile computing market, where it produces Tegra mobile processors for smartphones and tablets [and Chromebooks], as well as vehicle navigation and entertainment systems. In addition to AMD, its competitors include Intel and Qualcomm. source: Nvidia - Wikipedia
Gameworks and a New Generation of Blockbusters at Gamescom 2015 - NVIDIA works with developers and publishers to make games look incredible. Above video: get a small sneak peak at what’s coming up including Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege. Published on Aug 6, 2015