|GoDaddy stock chart - NYSE:GDDY - source: google.com 08052015|
Domain name registrar GoDaddy Inc. (check stock price: NYSE: GDDY), which proclaims to be "the world's largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses" will release financial results for the second quarter of 2015 on Wednesday, August 5, 2015, after the stock market closes. Following the news release, GoDaddy management will host a conference call and webcast at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (US).
The live webcast of the conference call will be available on GoDaddy's investor relations website at https://investors.godaddy.net. Afterwards, a recorded replay will be available on the investor relations website.
GDDY Q2 EPS of -$0.46 misses by $0.29 | Seeking Alpha
Financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015:
Revenue up 16.5% due to growth in customers and ARPU (average revenue per user)
Adjusted EBITDA increased 29%
"Our investments in products, technology platform, and customer care are delivering innovative and increasingly personalized products and services for our customers around the world, and our second quarter results again show that focusing on their needs drives real shareholder returns. Balanced growth in customers and ARPU drove revenue up over 16% and EBITDA up more than 29%," said Blake Irving, GoDaddy chief executive officer.Second Quarter Financial Highlights:
- Revenue of $394.5 million, up 16.5% year over year.
- Total Bookings of $475.9 million, up 16.0% year over year.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $82.3 million, up 29.0% year over year.
- Unlevered free cash flow of $77.0 million, an increase of 21.1% year over year.
- Customers were 13.3 million at quarter end, up 9.1% year over year.
- Annual ARPU of $118, up 8.6% year over year.
- Net loss increased to $71.3 million, however "Net loss for the three and six months ended June 30, 2015 includes $51.1 million of costs consisting of $29.7 million in termination payments made in connection with the completion of the IPO and the $21.4 million loss on debt extinguishment associated with the prepayment of the $300 million senior note."
Second Quarter Operating Highlights:
- Domains revenue of $208.5 million, up 10.3% year over year.
- Hosting and Presence revenue of $145.5 million, up 18.5% year over year.
- Business Applications revenue of $40.5 million, up 51.4% year over year.
- International revenue of $100.2 million, up 19.6% year over year.
- GoDaddy now offers more than 375 top level domain extensions (including gTLDs and ccTLDs) and has more than 60 million domains under management.
- GoDaddy Pro continues to grow, with tens of thousands of web professionals now signed up, nearly half of which are in international markets.
- GoDaddy Email Marketing (GEM) is now available globally in multiple languages, and is being offered through GoDaddy's Website Builder and via web professionals through GoDaddy Pro. GoDaddy also began offering Microsoft Office 365 bundled with GoDaddy Website Builder.
About GoDaddy (source: godaddy.com): "GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures. With more than 13 million customers worldwide and more than 60 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business."
GoDaddy Inc., has announced that Scott Wagner, chief operating officer and chief financial officer, will present at Oppenheimer's 18th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference in Boston on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 11:45 a.m. EDT. A live audio webcast of the event will be available on GoDaddy's investor relations website at https://investors.godaddy.net. Following the presentation an audio replay will be available on the investor relations website.
GoDaddy - Wikipedia: "In June 2014, GoDaddy once again [after previously failing to go public] filed a 100 million dollar IPO with the Security and Exchange Commission. The filing gave an inside look into GoDaddy's finances and showed that the company has not made a profit since 2009 and since 2012 has experienced a total loss of $531 million. Along with the IPO announcement, GoDaddy's founder Bob Parsons announced he is stepping down as Executive Chairman though he will remain on the board. Current CEO Blake Irving, joined GoDaddy on January 6, 2013." (emphasis added)
- Principal domain name: godaddy.com.
- GoDaddy Investor Relations website: investors.godaddy.net
- New York Stock Exchange Page: nyse.com/quote/XNYS:GDDY
- GoDaddy SEC filings
See also on Domain Mondo:
- GoDaddy, $GDDY, Quiet Period Ends, Earnings (Q1 2015)
- GoDaddy IPO Puts Lipstick on the Pig, Raises $460 million
- The Past Has Gone, Why A GoDaddy IPO Is Like ICANN, Another Relic
- Is the GoDaddy IPO Still "No Go" Time? (video)
- GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving, Leading Change, Interview, Podcast