In order to brief the community on the contents of their Draft proposal, the CCWG-Accountability will host two identical briefing webinars on Wednesday, 2 December at different times to facilitate participation across time zones. The webinars will take place on:
- 2 December from 11:00 – 12:30 UTC (time zone converter here)
- 2 December from 20:00 – 21:30 UTC (time zone converter here)
If you are interested in attending the webinar but would like to receive phone dial-in details, please send an email to email@example.com and indicate your language request (if needed). The webinars will be recorded and transcribed. Live interpretation will be made available in English, Spanish, French, Chinese, Arabic, Russian and Portuguese. More info here.
|IANA Transition: CCWG-Accountability Schedule (source: ICANN.org)|
People are working overtime, ICANN has hired professional writers ("Writing team" in schedule above) to finish the job, and hopefully, the Chartering organizations will timely approve the coming 3rd Draft Proposal so it may be transmitted by ICANN to the NTIA in January, 2016. At least that's the Plan.
While some CCWG participants have questioned the CCWG timeline--see, e.g., here and here--so far, it's pedal to the metal as the steamroller moves on! Stay tuned--Domain Mondo is following this one closely.
See also on Domain Mondo:
- NTIA Vetoes Compromise Proposal on GAC Advice to ICANN Board 26 Nov 2015
- CCWG on ICANN Accountability Issues Preview of Third Draft Proposal 16 Nov 2015
- IANA Transition, ICANN Accountability, New CCWG Proposal, New Timeline 29 Oct 2015
- CCWG Steamroller! ICANN 'Chattering' Organizations In Parallel Universe! 21 Oct 2015
- ICANN CEO Fadi Chehade "Steamrolled" by CCWG-Accountability Co-Chair 27 Sep 2015