Feature • All Eyes on MuleSoft IPO, $MULE Closes Up 46% First Day
MuleSoft--domain: mulesoft.com--is a software company with headquarters in San Francisco, California, providing integration software for connecting applications, data and devices. Shares of MuleSoft Inc. NYSE:MULE, opened at $24.25 Friday, March 17, 2017, above its $17 IPO issue price, on the New York Stock Exchange. MuleSoft sold 13 million shares to raise $221 million. At the Friday closing price of $24.75 (+7.75 +45.59%), the company had a public market capitalization in excess of $3 billion, compared to a private market valuation of $1.5 billion.What a day! pic.twitter.com/38kVBnYGmB— MuleSoft (@MuleSoft) March 17, 2017
It's unreal to think that @MuleSoft started as an idea while working in banking in London to now, as $MULE! https://t.co/FPScUaRIyp— Ross Mason (@rossmason) March 17, 2017
Other Tech News:
• Stopping China's Mercantilism: A Doctrine of Constructive, Alliance-Backed Confrontation | ITIF.org: "China’s systematic mercantilism is a threat to the U.S. economy and the very soul of the global trading system. America cannot respond with either flaccid appeasement or economic nationalism; it must assemble an international coalition that pressures China to stop rigging markets and start competing on fair terms."
• Data Breach: Millions of records leaked from huge US corporate database | ZDNet.com: Dun & Bradstreet, the business services giant, confirmed it owns the database, which was acquired as part of the $125 million NetProspex acquisition in 2015.
• Technology now at the root of almost all serious crime: Europol--document fraud, money laundering, online trading in illegal goods, ransomware, drug trafficking, human trafficking and smuggling, child pornography, identity theft .... --Reuters.com
• Profitable Companies, No Taxes: Here’s How They Did It | NYTimes.com: “Offshore tax haven abuse has become so absurd that one five-story office building in the Cayman Islands is now the ‘home’ to more than 18,000 corporations.” See Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy for more.
• Advertisers urge Congress to roll back internet privacy rules: “Our digital economy is the global leader, providing billions of dollars in ad-supported content and services to consumers, and the innovation and investment that have driven its success have rested on robust, consistent self-regulatory privacy standards backstopped by the Federal Trade Commission,.” The groups are American Association of Advertising Agencies, the American Advertising Federation, the Association of National Advertisers, the Data & Marketing Association, the Interactive Advertising Bureau and the Network Advertising Initiative.--TheHill.com
- Intel's $15 billion purchase of Mobileye shakes up driverless car sector | Reuters.com
- Google, Facebook Increase Their Grip on Digital Ad Market | eMarketer.com: "US digital ad spending will reach $83.00 billion in 2017, representing an increase of 15.9%, according to eMarketer’s latest forecast."
- Apple determined guilty of price-fixing iPhones in Russia | Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | SeekingAlpha.com: FAS statement
- High-Tech Jobs Clustering in America's Top 10 Metros | CityLab.com
- Alibaba seeks $5 billion loan amid tech financing rush: Basis Point | Reuters.com: "plan comes as key rival Tencent Holdings looks to raise up to $2 billion in new debt funding, with competition heating up amongst the country's Internet firms domestically and overseas"
- How businesses are smartly transforming with Google Cloud, Android, and Chrome | blog.google
- Grab, Uber's Southeast Asia rival, to add two R&D centers and 800 developers | Reuters.com
- CEO creates ‘snowflake test’ for job applicants | YouTube.com
- India's Flipkart looking to raise $1 billion in latest funding round: source | Reuters.com
- Google adds tool to flag 'offensive' search results | fox5ny.com
- Are Teenagers Replacing Drugs With Smartphones? | NYTimes.com
- Hollywood Stars Hit by a Wave of Burglaries: "This Is Organized Crime" | HollywoodReporter.com: "If you are Instagramming that you are out of the country enjoying the weather in another part of the world, that can help [them]".
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo