Domain Names, Cryptocurrency
Connect the Dots . . . .
Bitcoin Itself May Live or Die, but Cryptocurrencies Will Live On | MIT Technology Review
: "....Most interestingly, cryptocurrencies can be used for purposes other than those that conventional currencies fulfill. For example, Namecoin is a system used to create and exchange domain names: the coins contain information about the domain names themselves. Recall that the domain name market has about $3 billion in revenue per year: it’s a good example of a weird, scarce digital resource. And Bitmessage is a Bitcoin-inspired messaging platform that allows for anonymous (or at least pseudonymous) communication. What Namecoin and Bitmessage share is that they allow data to be added to the transaction, making the exchange one not just of perceived value but also of information...." (read more at the link above)
Domain Mondo archive
- Google and the Anroidtv.com UDRP decision
- Esther Dyson Told ICANN new gTLDs were a mistake i...
- How to Negotiate (Video)
- Vint Cerf says Larry Strickling has preordained IC...
- ICANN, Internet Governance, The Most Important Dom...
- Get Rid of ICANN, Keep US Oversight Over the Inter...
- Why Has ICANN established headquarters in repressi...
- Dot Sexy, Perfect for the SEX IndustrY
- Internet Governance, Asking the Right Questions
- Warren Buffett, Investment Advice
- The Future of Internet Governance, ITU is NOT the ...
- Most new gTLDs are worthless, another bad idea
- The US Failing in Broadband Investment
- Ezra Klein, Vox, Vox.com, great brand and domain n...
- The Internet Is Already Balkanized
- Domain Names, Cryptocurrency
- ICANN, new gTLDs, how about some land in North Korea?
- Startup Domain Names that allow you to Pivot
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New gTLDs
- Domain Names, Trademarks, UDRP Abuse
- Dot Luxury? Just Another New Domain Extension?
- New gTLDS, Hucksters, Suckers, Insanity