America is slipping further and further behind the rest of the world in broadband internet --
America's 10-Year Experiment in Broadband Investment Has Failed - Businessweek: "Tom Wheeler, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, announced Wednesday that there would be new rules written to guarantee net neutrality. It’s a good thing any website can reach any person unimpeded by tolls, and it’s good that Wheeler still wants to make this possible. The Internet service providers will first work to dilute the new rules, of course, and then sue to overturn them. Entire legal departments, lobbying outfits, and public-relations firms live for this moment, the beginning of a now-familiar three-year grind with the FCC....The U.S. has slipped to 16th place. Germany, France, and the U.K. have passed us, and all the countries ahead of us have applied some combination of either opening up the last mile or paying for infrastructure at the government level...."
Seguir a @DomainMondo
The US Failing in Broadband Investment
Domain Mondo archive
- ► 2019 (185)
- ► 2018 (376)
- ► 2017 (375)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- Google and the Anroidtv.com UDRP decision
- Esther Dyson Told ICANN new gTLDs were a mistake i...
- How to Negotiate (Video)
- Vint Cerf says Larry Strickling has preordained IC...
- ICANN, Internet Governance, The Most Important Dom...
- Get Rid of ICANN, Keep US Oversight Over the Inter...
- Why Has ICANN established headquarters in repressi...
- Dot Sexy, Perfect for the SEX IndustrY
- Internet Governance, Asking the Right Questions
- Warren Buffett, Investment Advice
- The Future of Internet Governance, ITU is NOT the ...
- Most new gTLDs are worthless, another bad idea
- The US Failing in Broadband Investment
- Ezra Klein, Vox, Vox.com, great brand and domain n...
- The Internet Is Already Balkanized
- Domain Names, Cryptocurrency
- ICANN, new gTLDs, how about some land in North Korea?
- Startup Domain Names that allow you to Pivot
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New gTLDs
- Domain Names, Trademarks, UDRP Abuse
- Dot Luxury? Just Another New Domain Extension?
- New gTLDS, Hucksters, Suckers, Insanity
- ▼ March (22)