How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New gTLDs
Director Stanley Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" (1964) (HD Trailer) - An insane general starts a process to nuclear holocaust that a war room of politicians and generals frantically try to stop.
With apologies to Stanley Kubrick, RIP, I have learned to stop worrying and start loving the new gTLDs – why? Read on:
1. Main purpose of the new gTLDs was to break the dominance and "monopoly" of dot com domain names (you will find that explained here). Paradox, long term, the new gTLDs will only increase the value of dot com domain names. Best laid plans of mice and men, and in the case of ICANN, mental midgets.
2. Scarcity always increases value. New gTLDs proponents and hucksters, from ICANN to registrars and registries, to plain old domain scammers and hack journalists, continue with the myth: "we’ve run out of dot com names." Really? It is all I am buying and holding from now on -- I want to own the gold, how about you? Sure the scarcity line is a myth but it is leading to a higher implied pricing model—you will have to pay a lot of money to buy a dot com domain name. Either that or go cheap and buy one of the new vanity domain names, a/k/a new gTLDs. As a dot com investor that is exactly what I want EVERYONE to think!
3. Domain investors, even ones who should know better, are diverting their attention and time searching out new gTLD domain names to buy, allowing me to buy much better quality dot coms for investment (at least for the time being). I hope Frank Schilling keeps telling domain investors to buy his dot tattoos and other new gTLDs! I’d like to have the good dot com domain names dropping every day, all to myself. Thanks ICANN and new gTLD guys!
4. By the time the LOSERS figure out there is very little money to be made in new gTLDs by investors (and a lot of money to lose, and time wasted), I will have a much nicer portfolio than I would otherwise have had an opportunity to acquire. Thank you ICANN and new gTLD proponents!
I could go on, but what's the point? I think you get the drift. LOL!
Seguir a @DomainMondo
Domain Mondo archive
- ► 2019 (185)
- ► 2018 (376)
- ► 2017 (375)
- ► 2016 (431)
- ► 2015 (604)
- Google and the Anroidtv.com UDRP decision
- Esther Dyson Told ICANN new gTLDs were a mistake i...
- How to Negotiate (Video)
- Vint Cerf says Larry Strickling has preordained IC...
- ICANN, Internet Governance, The Most Important Dom...
- Get Rid of ICANN, Keep US Oversight Over the Inter...
- Why Has ICANN established headquarters in repressi...
- Dot Sexy, Perfect for the SEX IndustrY
- Internet Governance, Asking the Right Questions
- Warren Buffett, Investment Advice
- The Future of Internet Governance, ITU is NOT the ...
- Most new gTLDs are worthless, another bad idea
- The US Failing in Broadband Investment
- Ezra Klein, Vox, Vox.com, great brand and domain n...
- The Internet Is Already Balkanized
- Domain Names, Cryptocurrency
- ICANN, new gTLDs, how about some land in North Korea?
- Startup Domain Names that allow you to Pivot
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the New gTLDs
- Domain Names, Trademarks, UDRP Abuse
- Dot Luxury? Just Another New Domain Extension?
- New gTLDS, Hucksters, Suckers, Insanity
- ▼ March (22)