University of Chicago Booth School of Business Professor Luigi Zingales and Bank of America Merrill Lynch Head of Global Rates Research David Woo discuss the plight of European banks and the future of the European Union. They speak on "Bloomberg Surveillance." Video above published August 8, 2016.
Joseph Stiglitz - The Euro: How a Common Currency Threatens the Future of Europe:
Video above published July 27, 2016: Peter Goodman of the New York Times interviews Joseph E. Stiglitz, Columbia University professor and economist, author of The Euro: How a Common Currency Threatens the Future of Europe. Interview transcript (pdf)
- Joseph Stiglitz interview: Italy and the end of the euro - BusinessInsider.com: August 22, 2016
- Italy will CRASH the eurozone if nation can’t take on more debt | City & Business | Finance | Daily Express | express.co.uk: August 22, 2016
- Why this Italian bank could be the next Brexit | interactive investor | iii.co.uk: 23rd August 2016 - Banca Monte dei Pascha di Siena
- Italian Banks Continue to Lend to Stagnant Companies as Debt Pile Mounts | NYTimes.com
- Will Italy's banking crisis spark eurozone chaos? | Daily Express | express.co.uk August 3, 2016: "Banks in Italy have issued €360billion (£300billion) of non-performing or bad loans. In total this makes up more than 18 per cent of the country's lending, a huge amount compared to Britain whose bad loans make up 1.5 per cent of total loans. Intesa Sanpaolo and UniCredit have been among the worst hit banks, with shares in UniCredit suspended as the crisis grows."
- The Future of Europe by Josef Stiglitz - YouTube: Public Lecture by Prof. Josef E. Stiglitz The Future of Europe Monday, January 27, 2014.
feedback & comments via twitter @DomainMondo