A symbolic moment for Apple:
Video above: FT.com's Lex discussion on the significance of a fall in iPhone sales: Apple has suffered its first quarterly revenue decline in 13 years. But does a fall in iPhone sales signal a Blackberry-style death spiral? Lex’s Robert Armstrong and Jonathan Eley discuss the company’s fortunes.
- Apple $AAPL (Calendar) Q1 2016 Results, Used iPhones Resistance in India (video) | DomainMondo.com April 27, 2016
- Icahn: We no longer have a position in Apple | CNBC.com April 28, 2016
Mobile Is Eating the World (2016) from a16z.com
In this update of his past presentations on Mobile Eating the World — delivered most recently at The Guardian’s Changing Media Summit — a16z.com’s Benedict Evans takes us through how technology is universal through mobile. How mobile is not a subset of the internet anymore. And how mobile (and accompanying trends of cloud and AI) is also driving new productivity tools.
In fact, mobile — which encompasses everything from drones to cars — is everything.
- Mobile Ate the World
- Mobile is the New Tech Ecosystem
- New Productivity
- The Internet Moves to Mobile
- On Mobile, the Internet is Different