Writer, composer and tech futurist Jaron Lanier delivered the keynote address at the opening of the Conference on the Global Digital Content Market, April 20-22, 2016 at WIPO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. (Published April 21, 2016)
Above: video playlist from the Conference on the Global Digital Content Market, April 20-22, 2016, at WIPO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. First 3 videos:
1. Naja Nielsen, Chief Editor, DBC Radio: Naja Nielsen, Chief Editor of DBC Radio (Denmark), on "Best, worst of times."
2. Dima Khatib, Managing Director, AJ+: Dima Khatib, Managing Director of AJ+ online news channel (Qatar), shares her views: "Everyone is copying us."
3. Ritu Kapur, CEO, Quintillion Media: Ritu Kapur, founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Quintillion Media Pvt. Ltd.: Curation (without a link to the source) can be jargon for plagiarism.
WIPO Conference on the Global Digital Content Market: April 20 – 22, 2016, Geneva, Switzerland--"The creative content economy has seen radical change to access and business models for more than a decade. The tensions between increased access and a sustainable economic value chain are the essence of this conference, which explores: copyright in the digital age the impact of the digital environment on creators the role for publishers, producers and distribution platforms digital markets, access, and participation."
- Program (pdf)
- Speaker profiles (pdf)
- YouTube Playlist
- World Intellectual Property Day – April 26, 2016
- World Intellectual Property Day 2016 - Events