|$FB up 44% YOY|
- Earnings Release (pdf)
- Slides (pdf)
- Investor Relations: investor.fb.com
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, CA
- Principal domain: facebook.com
- Number of employees: 23,165 (September 30, 2017)
- Subsidiaries: Onavo, Oculus VR, Atlas Solutions, WhatsApp Inc., more
Adjusted earnings per share (EPS) of $2.21 on revenue of $12.97 billion. vs. analysts' estimates of EPS of $1.95 on revenue of $12.55 billion.. Monthly active users (MAUs) of Facebook rose 14 percent to 2.13 billion, and average revenue per user (ARPU) came in at $6.18, exceeding consensus estimate of $5.90.
• Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 2.13 billion as of December 31, 2017, an increase of 14% year-over-year.
• Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 89% of advertising revenue for the fourth quarter of 2017, up from approximately 84% of advertising revenue in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Facebook with its Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram, owns four of the world’s largest social media / messaging services. Facebook alone is used by more than 2 billion people per month and both WhatsApp and Messenger also passed the billion-user milestone in 2016.
- Facebook's Aggressive Moves on Startups Threaten Innovation | WIRED.com: Will Facebook Kill All Future Facebooks?
- Facebook braces for new E.U. privacy law--WashingtonPost.com: General Data Protection Regulation commonly referred to as GDPR.